“To merely know is nothing compared to being interested to know, being interested to know is nothing compared to deriving joy from learning.”
“The way of the superior man is threefold, but I am not equal to it. Virtuous, he is free from anxieties; wise, he is free from perplexities; bold, he is free from fear.”
As an important complement to its Real Estate work, Curator provides high-level educational consulting services to wealthy international families. We advise with respect to elite boarding and day schools in the United States. For selected clients, we assist with college choices. We work exclusively with ‘Leadership Families’.
Our Program For Children
Child Centered Approach to Our Services
Our basic rule is that the wellbeing of the student is the focus of all our efforts. It is our goal to see the child and family make the best available educational choices.
We place each student in a caring educational environment which enhances his or her intellectual, emotional and social development. We take seriously our role as partners in preparing students for lives of meaning, productivity and leadership. Our families quickly learn that the well-being of their student is our core value.
Our work with High Net Worth families includes the following:
- Prepare Customized Preferences Profile to offer insights to help students and parents identify and focus on key values relating to their education choices
- Expert evaluation of a student’s comprehensive academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular record to assure the best match with schools
- Recommendations on academic courses and activities to enhance competiveness of applications
- Professional counsel on admission criteria, including statistical analysis of admission patterns and test scores of successful applicants
- Recommendations of specific schools to consider
- Introductions to a Senior Admissions Officer at select schools
- Personalized guided tours of specially selected top tier schools conducted by our trained staff consisting of recent secondary school and college graduates. Tours vary in duration from three to fourteen days
- Professional Coaching and role playing sessions to prepare applicants to perform well during admission interviews
- In-depth seminars and written materials containing explanations of American educational system and procedures
- General visa advising services
All counseling is conducted by professionals with detailed knowledge of the top secondary school market. Our executives and staff include current members of the Boards of Trustees of elite secondary schools, former guidance counselors, teachers and admissions officials, and recent graduates of elite schools.
In addition, our skilled staff will follow student’s careers through private secondary schools and assist with admission to elite US colleges. We use the experience garnered from the advisory process for secondary schools to shape and refine the student’s choice of colleges.
For families and students who wish to receive additional services, we provide the following custom-designed advisory, brokerage and tutoring services:
- Assistance in the identification, purchase and management of housing for students and their accompanying family members (See our affiliate, Anjiany Brokerage Services)
- Visa advisory services through our network of sophisticated immigration lawyers (Michael J. Wildes; Julia Park; Neil Weinrib)
- Assistance with banking, phone and other issues tied to establishing new residence (See Patriot National Bank)
- Customized academic tutoring of students by our skilled, professional tutors. Tutoring may be provided by Facetime or Skype
- Personalized, one-on-one language tutoring for students who wish to refine their English language reading comprehension
- Security and body guard services for students at risk
- Travel services, including lodging, limousine and air arrangements for school visits and travel to and from the US
- Accompanied and supervised vacation period care for the child, focusing on cultural activities in urban centers – museum, theater and music exposure
- Personalized individual support and counseling services to help students adapt to an unfamiliar country and culture
- Ongoing professional support on issues such as academic direction, evaluating performance, clubs and organizations to join
- Strategic mapping of academic and activities programs directed to enhancing university admission
- Translation services to assist in communication with school
Brian M. Walsh, Principal
Brian M. Walsh, MA, Brian has held senior administrative positions at the University of Rochester, SUNY Albany, Mass College of Liberal Arts, Hillcrest Educational Center and at Northfield Mount Hermon School, a member of the Eight School Association. Brian has experience in launching advancement programs in education and successfully worked with international clients in Asia, Latin America and Europe. Brian is a graduate of Harvard Graduate School of Education Management Development Program. He has over 40-year experience as an educator and administrator including teaching at the middle and high school levels, coaching high school varsity sports, a college faculty member at private and public colleges and universities. Brian has instructed graduate level course for teachers and presented at national and regional professional conference. He has published in a professional journal and conducted original professional conference. He has published in a professional journal and conducted original research for the US Department of Commerce.The experience and skill I can offer for starting a boarding school include:
- 7 years of investor relations with clients in China, Latin America, and Europe
- Cross Border client problem solving
- Business development – identifying and securing funding from financial investors
- Designing and executing marketing plans in education
- Extensive background working with international parents on issues relating to school selection, academic direction, problem solving, an acting as liaison with school
- Establishing community outreach programs
- Curriculum development
- Management and leadership development
- Start-up experience in for profit and not for profit sectors
Thomas Sturtevant, Advisor
Tom Sturtevant is an advisor for Curator’s Elite US Education. He has over 25 years of educational leadership experience in top-tier schools in the US and overseas. He has served as the Head of an elite New England prep school, Head of a start-up boarding school in Ohio, Head of a high performing K-12 Charter school in New York City, and consultant for founding the first independent school in Beijing, China. As a former Director of College counseling and school Head, Tom has extensive experience with college counseling for the most selective US colleges. Tom also has extensive experience with educational technology and was involved in an educational technology start up in California. For several years, Tom served as a Trustee of the Association of Boarding Schools and was a member of the Headmasters Association.
Donald G. Glascoff, Jr., Principal
In addition to his law and business careers, Mr. Glascoff has been deeply involved in education and teaching. He serves on the Board of Trustees of the Northfield Mount Hermon School, one of the most prestigious New England Boarding schools. Earlier in his career, he taught law at the Delaware Law School. He has lectured extensively at the Fordham University Law School and has chaired and spoken at more than twenty Educational programs sponsored by the Practicing law Institute